Transactional, regulatory counseling and compliance, and ethics services for U.S. and foreign parties.
AML/CFT, Sanctions, Anti-Corruption Regulatory Counseling and Compliance
MassPoint works with banks, other businesses, charitable organizations and other non-profits, and individuals to navigate and comply with U.S. laws and regulations and international standards in the following areas.
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
- Counter-Terrorism Financing (CFT)
- Due Diligence (Politically Exposed Persons & State-Owned Enterprises)
- U.S./OFAC Economic Sanctions
- BSA/AML/Patriot Act Legislative Tracking & Analysis
- Money Transmitter/Money Services Business State Law Licensing & Compliance
Read about MassPoint’s approach AML/CFT and related regulatory counseling and compliance, including the Firm’s customized bank regulatory compliance services, here.
Managing Legal Issues and Risk in Uncertain Markets
MassPoint’s Principal, Hdeel Abdelhady, has extensive experience handling matters in and involving markets that present material legal, political, and other risk and uncertainty. MassPoint works with clients to manage legal, business, and other risk in uncertain or rule of law-deficient markets. The firm provides the following services, among others:
- Contractual Risk Mitigation Measures
- Market, Asset & Transaction Risk Insurance
- De-risking Strategies
- Third-party Vendor Risk Management
- Sub-national & Asset/Sector-Specific Due Diligence
- Due Diligence
MassPoint works with clients to negotiate, structure, and document international business transactions, achieve trade compliance, and develop or improve CSR and ESG protocols in the context of cross-border business. The Firm’s International Trade and Transactions services cover the following areas.
- Customized analyses and presentations for U.S. and foreign parties on developments in areas of U.S. trade, sanctions, anti-corruption and anti-money laundering.
- International Business Transactions
- International Trade Compliance
- Export Controls & Economic Sanctions (OFAC, ITAR, EAR)
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- International Anti-Corruption/Anti-Bribery Standards
- Politically Exposed Persons Protocols & Risk Management
- State-Owned Enterprise Protocols & Risk Management
- Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises Compliance
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG)
Bank and Money Services Business Licensing and Compliance
MassPoint works with U.S. and foreign clients wishing to establish banks and money services businesses (MSBs)/money transmitters from assessment of prospects for licensing to preparing and submitting applications and related documentation. Services include:
- Legal, regulatory and practical counseling on applicable state and/or federal rules and considerations in selecting one or more U.S. jurisdictions and charter/license types (e.g., state or federal, bank or trust).
- Preparation of licensing or chartering application materials.
- Counseling on per-filing processes, leading up to and after per-filing meetings with regulators.
- Drafting (or adapting existing) AML/CFT, Sanctions and Safeguards Rule policies for MSB applicants.
- Advise MSBs on FinCEN regulations and registration requirements.
- Advise on state law and FinCEN regulations applicable to common carriers/armored vehicle businesses.