LAW, STRATEGY, RISK MANAGEMENT
MassPoint works collaboratively with clients to help them anticipate and manage legal, commercial, and reputation risk; solve legal problems; and advance strategic objectives. The Firm’s services are described below. For additional information, please contact Hdeel Abdelhady at email@example.com.
- International Business Transactions
- Economic Sanctions (OFAC)
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- International Anti-Corruption/Anti-Bribery Standards
- Politically Exposed Persons Protocols & Risk Management
- State-Owned Enterprise Protocols & Risk Management
- Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises Compliance
- Contractual Risk Mitigation Measures
- Market, Asset & Transaction Risk Insurance
- De-risking strategies
- Third-party Vendor Risk Management
- Sub-national & Asset/Sector-Specific Due Diligence
- General Due Diligence
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
- Counter-Terrorism Financing (CFT)
- Due Diligence (Politically Exposed Persons & State-Owned Enterprises)
- U.S./OFAC Economic Sanctions
- BSA/AML/Patriot Act Legislative Tracking & Analysis
- Money Transmitter/Money Services Business State Law Licensing & Compliance
- Maryland, DC & Virginia Banking Regulation & Compliance
- Family and public interest/sustainable trusts (awqaf) and the use of more common contemporary transactional forms (e.g., murabaha, ijarah) and composite structures for charitable, development or other public interests.
- Drafting Islamic documentation suites and advising on transactions.
- Advising investors and other parties on Islamic transactional structures and governance matters in pre-transaction/due diligence, transaction and dispute settings.
- Private- and Family-Owned Business Governance
- Family Owned Business Formalization & Succession
- Non-Profit Formation, Maintenance & Governance
- Non-Profit Fundraising/Charitable Solicitation Compliance
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG)
- Business Conduct Compliance (e.g., conflicts minerals, anti-modern slavery)
For multinational and foreign businesses, MassPoint offers legal and compliance capacity building services designed to bridge the gap between U.S. law and foreign audiences, including:
- Identifying and addressing gaps in U.S. legal and compliance knowledge and discipline through training and materials customized for specific business lines or jurisdictions, or for the whole enterprise.
- Working with businesses and others to identify and remedy areas where legal, compliance and risk management messaging to foreign colleagues and counterparts is ineffective or otherwise in need of improvement.
- Working with foreign businesses to develop legal, compliance and governance capacity building programs and written materials to respond to specific legal and compliance needs or to prepare for U.S. market entry or expansion.
- Bespoke education and training materials and programs for clients in the areas of business ethics and compliance.
- Tailored education and training programs for non-U.S. lawyers and business professionals.
- Thought leadership initiatives designed to align with or enhance branding, market positioning, and reputational objectives.